The successful application of the PD approach has been documented in more than 41 countries in nutrition and a variety of other sectors from public health to education to business. The following is an illustrative sample of PD-informed program impact over the 15 years:
- Sustained 65 to 80% reduction in childhood malnutrition in Vietnamese communities, reaching a population of 2.2 million people.
- Significant reduction in childhood malnutrition in communities in 41 countries around the world.
- Reduction in neo-natal mortality & morbidity in Pashtun communities in Pakistan and minority communities in Vietnam with near universal adoption of protective behaviors and social change.
- Estimated 50% increase in primary school student retention in 10 participating schools in Missiones, Argentina.
- Documented reduction in girl trafficking in impoverished communities in East Java, Indonesia.
- Thousands of documented female circumcisions averted in Egypt and the formation of 12 “FGM free” communities.
- In the Spring of 2005 Merck Mexico began a project to address the issue that only 13 out of 21 districts at Merck Mexico had a sales coverage of 100% or greater. Within 8 months all districts (100%) were covering their sales target.